CLOSED until further notice. Feel free to email us with questions!

For more information about the PHMC’s response to COVID-19 please visit PHMC.pa.gov

400 Pennsbury Memorial Road | Morrisville, PA 19067

Pennsbury Through The Years

1942

March 1st, 2012

The Commonwealth bought 30 more acres around Pennsbury Manor. Thomas Sears, a landscape architect who had trained under Frederick Law Olmstead, began designing the landscape in the Colonial Revival style. Read More

Comments Off on 1942

1939

March 1st, 2012

Pennsbury Manor opened as a memorial park to the public.

Comments Off on 1939

1937

March 1st, 2012

The reconstruction of Pennsbury Manor began. However, not everyone agreed that Pennsbury Manor should be rebuilt. Some people believed the federal funds should go to save existing colonial buildings, others Read More

Comments Off on 1937

1935

March 1st, 2012

In 1935, Philadelphia architect Richardson Brognard Okie was hired to design the Manor House and outbuildings. Okie, well known as a Colonial Revival architect, was hired. Okie based his design Read More

Comments Off on 1935

1934

March 1st, 2012

Due to the success of the archaeological excavation, supporters began to seriously consider the reconstruction of the Manor House and outbuildings. Historian Albert Cook Myers was selected to do the Read More

Comments Off on 1934

1933

March 1st, 2012

Finding Pennsbury …We are starting to excavate west of the house and I thought you would be interested in knowing about it. The corner of a very heavy stone foundation Read More

Comments Off on 1933

1932

March 1st, 2012

The Warner Sand & Gravel Company, which bought the property in 1926, gave ten acres of land (including the site of Penn’s original house) to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Over Read More

Comments Off on 1932

1906

March 1st, 2012

Local Quakers met at Pennsbury Manor. They decided to create a permanent memorial to Penn. This meeting started the movement to reconstruct Pennsbury.

Comments Off on 1906

1864

March 1st, 2012

The Bake and Brew House- the last surviving Penn building- was taken down.

Comments Off on 1864

1835

March 1st, 2012

None of the original manor house remained. Robert Crozier built a new home on the old foundations.

Comments Off on 1835