Hours, Admission, and Safety Guidelines
Hours & Operations
[Updated July 29, 2021]
We are excited to announce that our Manor House will be reopening on Sunday August 1. As such, we will begin charging admission fees again at that time.
Tuesday 10-5 | No Guided Tours
Wednesday – Saturday 10-5 | Tours at 11:30, 1:30, and 3:00
Sunday 12-5 | Tours at 12:30, 2:00, and 3:30
Adults (12-64): $9
Senior (65+): $7
Children (3-11): $5
Grounds Pass: $3
Grounds are open on Tuesdays, but all buildings and facilities are closed, including restroom facilities.
Guided tours are available, and can be scheduled by calling (215) 946-0400. Reservations are recommended, but not required. Please note that there is a limit of 9 people per tour group.
Grounds Passes allow visitors to explore our grounds at their leisure. Grounds Passes are not available on Sundays, visitors must purchase regular admission tickets.
Frequently Asked Questions
What safety guidelines are in place?
- [Updated 7/8/21] According to the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission guidelines, masks will not be required when visiting Pennsbury Manor. Social distancing is still encouraged. Visitors who are experiencing any symptoms of illness should refrain from visiting until they are symptom-free. See the ‘Safety Guidelines and Requirements’ below for more information.
What are your current hours and tour times?
- Monday – our site is closed to all visitors (except for Memorial Day and Labor Day, when our grounds will be open.)
- Tuesday – our grounds are open 10 am to 5 pm and all facilities are closed (including restrooms).
- Wednesday through Saturday – our grounds and Visitor Center are open 10 am to 5 pm.
- Sundays – our grounds and Visitor Center are open 12 pm to 5 pm.
- We are currently offering guided tours at the following times: Wednesday – Saturday at 11:30am, 1:30pm, and 3:00pm, and Sunday at 12:30pm, 2:00pm, and 3:30pm.
What is included on a guided tour?
- Tours include an orientation video, access to our ‘Seed of a Nation’ exhibit, and a walking tour of our grounds, including our Kitchen House and Manor House.
How do I reserve a guided tour?
- Call us at (215) 946-0400 to speak to one of our staff members!
What is included with a Grounds Pass?
- You are welcome to explore the grounds at your own pace, and if you want to learn more about our site’s history, you can dial into our recently updated cell phone tour at various info points across the grounds! A map of the site and the orientation for our cell phone tour can be found behind the Visitor Center.
- PLEASE NOTE: Grounds Passes are available Tuesday – Saturday only. On Sundays, all visitors must purchase regular admission tickets, as we host a historical trade demonstration series on Sundays. Come visit to see our blacksmiths, joiners, brewers, and more in action!
What facilities & spaces will be open in the Visitor Center? Will I be able to view the orientation video?
- On Wednesday – Sunday, the orientation video will be shown with reduced capacity and socially-distanced seating, and our restrooms, gift shop, and ‘Seed of a Nation’ exhibit will be open with reduced capacity.
Will there be historic trade demonstrations or other public programs?
- As of July 1, 2021, historic trade demonstrations and other public programs are fully operational! Please continue to check our website or call us for more details.
Safety Guidelines and Requirements
As we reopen to the public, operations will be adjusted to provide a safer environment for the staff, volunteers, and our guests. Before your visit, please read through the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission safety guidelines:
To ensure social distancing and keep visitors and our staff safe, we are reducing the capacity of visitors at our sites and museums in accordance with Department of Health guidelines. For the safety of visitors and staff, guided tours are limited to a group of 9.
Visitors must wash or sanitize their hands with hand sanitizer as they begin their visit at the site’s visitor center and/or house museum. They should do so again before leaving. Hand sanitizer will be available at all of our facilities.
Visit Later If You Have Symptoms
Anyone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (including fever, cough, chills, sore throat, fatigue, shortness of breath or loss of taste) should refrain from visiting until they are symptom-free. We will welcome you back at that time.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
“High touch” surfaces such as door handles, push plates, railings, switches, countertops, and benches will be disinfected frequently throughout the day. Restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected several times throughout the day depending on visitation levels.