We offer unpaid internships in the spring, summer, or fall to Undergraduate and Graduate students interested in the Museum Field. We understand the value of their work and our responsibility to mentor the next generation of Museum/Historic Site professionals. Each internship is tailored to the student’s interests and goals by focusing on a specific project that can be used on the students’ resumes.
Past projects have included:
- Developing interpretive signage for the Kitchen Garden
- Researching artifacts and writing featurette articles for blog
- Researching & designing volunteer recruitment & training techniques
- Creating teacher lesson guide for the “Seed of a Nation” exhibit
- Researching youth volunteer opportunities
- Redesigning and supervising the summer camps
- Developing a medicinal herbs activity for school programs
- Creating press releases and automatic Twitter/Facebook postings
All internships (except in special cases) also include general experience in guiding public tours and assisting with specialty programs, visitor services, and other tasks as needed. This ensures that all students gain a comprehensive knowledge of the daily operations and structure of historic sites, which should help them with deciding their future path in the Museum field.
If you are interested in becoming an Intern, please email email@example.com or call 215-946-0400 to speak with our Volunteer Coordinator.